Citrus Raisins Breakfast Cake
Remember the Lemon Poppy Seed Bread? I must say I am becoming a fan of the citrus flavor; hence the two citrus cakes back to back. When it’s done right, it has a soothing taste. Why not combine your love of citrus and sugar in one pan?
In addition to the Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, my friends let me introduce to you the Citrus Raisins Breakfast Cake. It’s full with all sort of goodness.
To get you started, here’s what you’ll need:
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
Orange peel from 1 orange
Lemon peep from one large lemon
4 tsp dried rosemary leaves
1/2 tsp salt (left) and 1 1/2 baking soda (right)
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup butter melted
1/4 cup raisins
Then pour the citrus glaze over the cake, and let it sit aside for at least 10 minutes before service.
Look at tall this goodness!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Orange peel from 1 orange
- Lemon peep from one large lemon
- 4 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, buttermilk and butter. Then add it to the flour mixture.
- Add the lemon and orange peel. Then add the raisins. Stir all ingredients until combined. Spoon batter into bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a drizzling consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the warm cake and enjoy - best with vanilla ice cream 🙂
- Bon Appetite!