Peanut Butter Brownies
My kids are crazy for anything sweet. Then again which kid on earth isn’t crazy for anything sweet. Last week I made brownies for the kids. I was so excited to have them home from summer camp and visiting family for a few weeks during the summer. That weekend, they received almost everything they wanted from me. My second child asked for cake and ice cream, instead he (they) received Peanut Butter Brownies with vanilla ice cream.
I love a good brownie that’s really sweet and chewy inside, with lots of chocolate. However, for health reasons we minimize our use of sugar, salt, and certain spices. We use as much of the natural flavor from our ingredients as much as we can.
The recipe for the Peanut Butter Brownies is quick and easy to make. All you’ll need to make the Peanut Butter Brownies are just a few ingredients that’s probably already in your pantry.
What you’ll need:
1 ½ Cup of all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 pinches of salt (I used Kosher)
1 ½ cup of vegetable oil)
1 cup of unsweetened powdered chocolate (cocoa powder)
1 ½ cup of Hershey Chocolate Syrup
½ tsp of vanilla Extract
¼ cup of melted peanut butter
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, and powdered chocolate together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside.
- Add the oil to the dry ingredients, then add the eggs, syrup, and vanilla extract. Gently combine until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter in a prepared (using the cooking spray) 8-inch pan. Pour the melted peanut butter over the batter. Using a toothpick (I actually used the tip of our steak knife) gently create the pattern of your choice over the batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove Peanut Butter Brownie from the heat after testing the middle with a toothpick. Cool and serve. Best enjoyed with ice cream, preferably vanilla.
Note: No extra sugar is added. Feel free to add ½ cup of sugar for extra sweetness. You may also add ½ cup of melted butter to help provide extra moister.
You may also like the Citrus- Raisins Breakfast Cake